BASIC RULES AND GUIDELINES OF THE NYATHI AIRFIELD “FANT”
- Call your position and intentions from at least five nautical miles out on the current QNH.
PLEASE NOTE CIRCUIT IS AT 5200 ft. ELEVATION IS AT 4000 ft.
- Runway 800m x 9m Note 09 27 have displaced thresholds
- It Is advisable that all aircraft line up for take off at the beginning of the active runway….it is not recommended to start your take off run from mid field
- Approach and join Overhead the Airfield
- Left Circuit 09 and Right Circuit for 27 (ALL Circuits to the NORTH) high ground to the South
- All Flights to be conducted in DAYTIME (15 minutes before sunrise and 15 minutes after sunset), VMC ONLY
- Park Clear of Runway
- Parking area at western threshold (09 ) Opposite Wind Sock For helicopters
- Any incident on the airfield or within its circuit must be reported within 12 hours to Mr H von Moltke (011-864 5350 cell 083 676 5471 fax 011-908 5439)
- When approaching, or operating within our circuit, always address “Nyathi Traffic” 124.80
- Only land within the demarcated area, marked with white tyres – 800 meters
- Indemnity and permission to land must be submitted and approved before arrival.
- NO LOW flying over NYATHI except to clear and inspect runway
- Displaced threshold ONLY for take off
- Inspect both 09 and 27 for GAME and obstacles (holes) using bush flying techniques (low fly over +/- 100ft until game dispersed and satisfied no obstacles)
- These rules and guidelines are subject to change, according to the SACAA CATS and CARS, and safety considerations at Nyathi
HAZARD TREES ON THRESHOLD 09 AND 27
HAZARD RUNWAY SURFACE IS SOFT SAND
HAZARD GAME ON RUNWAY
HAZARD CHECK RUNWAY CONDITION – ANIMAL HOLES
FANT and Co-ordinates : S24°06’28.6″ | E028°18’55.2″